Configure the License Server
a license server so that you can manage your Autodesk product
licenses. Configure the license server with the
the license server
You should be logged in with Administrator rights when working
with the LMTOOLS utility.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Start menu (Windows XP & 2000) All Programs
(or Programs) Autodesk Network
License Manager LMTOOLS.
- Right-click the LMTOOLS icon (Windows Vista) on the desktop and
choose Run As Administrator.
- In the Lmtools program, on the Service/License File tab, select
the Configure Using Services option.
- Click the Config Services tab.
- On the Config Services tab, in the Service Name list, select a
service name or do one of the following:
- If a service name is selected, verify that it is the one you
want to use to manage licenses.
- If no service name exists, enter the service name you want to
use to manage licenses.
NoteIf you have
more than one software vendor using FLEXlm. for license
management, the Service Name list contains more than one
- In the Path to Lmgrd.exe File box, enter the path to the
Network License Manager daemon (lmgrd.exe),
or click Browse to locate the file.
Files\Autodesk Network License Manager folder.By default,
this daemon is installed in the
- In the Path to the License File box, enter the path to your
license file, or click Browse to locate the file.
- In the Path to the Debug Log File box, enter a path to create a
debug log, or click Browse to locate an existing log file.
- To run lmgrd.exe as a service, select Use
- To automatically start lmgrd.exe when the
system starts, select Start Server at Power Up.
- Click Save Service to save the new configuration under the
service name you selected in step 4. Click Yes.
- Click the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, do one of the following:
- If a service has not yet been defined for Autodesk, click Start
Server to start the license server.
- If a service for Autodesk is already defined and running, click
ReRead License File to refresh the Network License Manager with any
changes made to the license file or Options file.
server starts running and is ready to respond to client
- Close lmtools.exe.